Our mission is to promote the efficient, economical, and responsive public services offered by the independent special districts of Contra Costa County – each independent special district is governed by a locally elected board of directors.
• Promote the efficient, economical, and responsive public services offered by the independent special districts of Contra Costa County;
• Provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas among Independent Special Districts;
• Inform and interpret for the public, governmental agencies and other groups about the purpose, activities and accomplishments of Independent Special Districts;
• Encourage the development of legislation which will facilitate the delivery of services to Independent Special District constituents.
• To support member districts in the provision of services for the people of Contra Costa County.
• To inform the public about the purpose and benefits of local special district government.
• To act as a local forum of member districts for discussion and consideration of special district issues.
• To act as a communication network among member districts as well as other governmental agencies and organizations.
• To provide programs of interest on issues important to member districts.
• To make recommendations to the CSDA Board of Directors.
Featured District: Byron-Bethany Irrigation District